The Boyd Group is looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join our team at our Corporate location.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance this role is responsible for all reporting, planning and compliance functions by interpreting tax regulations. The tax manager also completes all appropriate tax returns and ensures compliance with relevant IRS regulations. This role also advises on appropriate tax strategies for the company. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of the leader in collision repair and take your career to the next level.
- National presence with over 45 shops in 5 Provinces and 350 shops in over 20 states in the U.S.A.
- Publicly traded company, The Boyd Group, traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol: BYD.UN.
- Goal of doubling in size every 5 years.
- Supports the preparation of Federal, Provincial / State , Local and special tax returns (in both Canada and the U.S.) by collecting, analyzing and formatting financial information.
- Prepares quarterly tax provision working papers and journal entries.
- Manages franchise tax & annual return preparation and filings.
- Manages sales tax preparation and filings.
- Assists in responding to notices of assessment and other communications from the IRS/CRA and state/local authorities.
- Manages the implementation of tax planning initiatives.
- Supporting SOX processes and documentation reducing control risk in the area of taxes.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local requirements by studying regulations; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions; communicating with attorneys, tax specialists and company transfer agent to ensure timely tax reporting.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of working with corporate taxes.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian and US Corporate Tax laws.
- CPA preferred
- Communications Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
Some travel is required, including trips to the United States.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Flex Benefit Plan, Health, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL…...APPLY TODAY